24 February – 22 April 2012
Retrospective by Xavier Le Roy
This exhibition employs retrospective as a mode of production rather than aiming to show the development of an artist’s work over a period of time. It seeks to recast the material from the solo choreographies in situations with live actions where the apparatuses of the theater performance and the museum exhibition intersect.
Based on solo works by Xavier Le Roy created between 1994 and 2010, the work unfolds in three time axes: the duration of the visit composed by each visitor, the daily basis of labor time of 16 performers and the time of the growth of a new composition during the length of the exhibition.
With 6 to 7 performers alternating with each other: Idurre Azkue, Quim Bigas, Cristina Blanco, Pere Faura, Sergi Faustino, Núria Gregori, Mizar Martínez, Guillem Mont de Palol, Elena Murcia, Mariona Naudin, Cristina Nuñez, Aimar Pérez, Karolina Rychlik, Clara Tena, Carme Torrent, Javier Vaquero.
Xavier Le Roy on "Retrospective"
- Guided Visits
- Conversation at the Goethe Institute
- Expanded Choreography. Situations, Movements, Objects...
- Expanded Choreography. Reading group
- Activities at the Mercat de les Flors
- Choreography since the end of the 1990s: Thought expressions and forms of work
- Finissage of the exhibition Retrospective by Xavier Le Roy